Self catering design villa for rent with amazing panoramic seaview and nice view all around (sleeps 8)
Welcome to our tastefully decorated luxury villa for rent in Andros, the greenest Island of Cyclades.
Villa Apoikia with a total floor area of 250m² (250sqm) is a one of a kind and offers an extraordinary setting for a dream vacation. The distinctive combination of breathtaking views, modern amenities, privacy, luxury and comfort makes this villa an exceptional vacation spot.
Villa Apoikia built on a hillside (400m above sea level), in a peaceful spot framed by the beautiful countryside on the north east side of the island of Andros. Due to the amazing location, you have panoramic views of the Aegean Sea, while hawks and eagles are hovering in the sky above. The view and the absolute privacy is what sets this property apart of any other on the island.
Some places blend so naturally with their surroundings that one has to assume they have been there forever. This is the case with Villa Apoikia, where traditional local neo-classical design blends naturally with contemporary luxury. Built in a private estate of 8.800m² less than a decade ago, the villa seems like one with nature that surrounds it and as if it was build 100 years ago in the tradition of the affluent village houses of Apoikia and Stenies, the houses of Sea Captains and Ship Owners that bear witness to the shipping past of the island.
Villa Apoikia combines traditional architecture with the luxury of modern conveniences, elegance and comfort. You are offered many living levels with such visual excitement that you become a part of its spirit. The villa’s interior is just as unique as its exterior. It embodies the minimal design with comfort at its best. From the kitchen, to dining area, to the living room, to all bedrooms and bathrooms, the style, design and function are very consistent and harmonious. Design touches and spacious bedrooms and bathrooms create a balance underlined by the dramatic views of the Aegean from every corner of Villa’s grounds. Once you drive through the main gate, you know you are somewhere special.
The open plan has a dining area with an open kitchen and an impressive living room with a fire place and a traditional wooden ceiling that is really a piece of art that can keep your interest throughout your whole stay. In spite of great views and dramatic scenery outside, eyes are inevitably drawn to the wooden ceiling and there is no one who entered the house that was not impressed by the beauty of the ceiling.
All three bedrooms in the main floor are big, all of them are facing the sea with spectacular views, and all of them have balconies or terraces. Everything is bathed in light; these are bedrooms to linger in. The two bathrooms in the main floor are equipped with modern double sinks and walk-in showers.
The studio in the lower section of the main building is very spacious (75sqm) with direct access to the garden. It communicates with an internal staircase with the main floor and is independent with its modern bathroom.
All major rooms open to a patio, garden, balcony or terrace, where one can dine, sunbathe or lounge undisturbed. Besides the fireplace in the living room there is a very functional electrical heating in all rooms, making the house very comfortable even during the winter months.
Villa Apoikia is tastefully decorated with minimal design furniture, eco-friendly materials, earth tone coloring and floors from natural wood. Here attention has been paid to every detail. The lighting both in the day, but also at night seems almost magic, unexpected and dramatic and makes the house very cozy and romantic, the perfect stage for entertaining.
The villa’s outdoor space is very generous with its two outside sitting areas and a 2.500m² garden from where one can enjoy the picturesque views:
- A shaded terrace protected from the wind is appointed with charcoal barbecue and outdoor gas grill and a big white marble dining table that seats 10 people. This is perfect for a long Greek lunch or dinner and offers more spectacular views to the village of Apoikia.
- The covered front balcony with an amazing sea view is also an ideal place to sit, eat, relax and spend memorable moments.
- The garden of the house is an abundance of olive trees, fruit trees, bushes and flowering plants delighting the senses.
The property offers extreme privacy, impeccable grounds and it is constantly cooled by the Aegean breezes and bathed all day long by the world famous Cycladic sunlight, offering the very essence of Aegean island living. There is no need for air conditioning.
This is a house with intimate charm, elegance and style, without compromising the needs of a modern, contemporary home. It is a place where you can lounge and relax away from it all at a secluded location only 10 min car drive away from Chora Andros (the island’s Capital). Guests can also take their pick of the beach side taverns and restaurants near by.
There is a large choice of things to do :
- Exiting hiking: Villa Apoikia is ideally situated in the middle of a hiking trail, which leads from Chóra – Apíkia – Katakaléï – Vourkotí and back, one of the most beautiful hikes on the island of Andros, because of the marvellous trail between Chóra and Apíkia, the wonderful kalderími between Katakaléï and Vourkotí, the great location of Vourkotí and the fantastic views along the way. Therefore, this hike gets a maximum evaluation of ****. [Updated by Raymond on May 14th, 2011 and by Dany Boute on April 16th, 2014.] (Source: http://www.cycladen.be/Chora%20Androu-VourkotiEngFrame.htm).
- Visit the Beach : There are several beaches just down the road (Yalia or PisoYalia) and some of the most beautiful beaches of the island are just a short drive from the property (Achla beach, Vori beach)
- Visit the picturesque villages of the island
- Visit the famous monasteries of the island
- Lounge in the outdoor cafes in the pedestrian main street of Chora and visit the town’s worldclass museums.
The Villa Apoikia is a place where one can live either indoors or outdoors, admiring the marvelous view while enjoying the songs of the cicadas and the humming of the bees, watching partridges, grouses, hawks and eagles hover over the hills under the blue Aegean sky.
This spectacular home offers the most sought after luxury in our troubled times, i.e. TRANQUILITY, PEACE and SECLUSION.
You will feel at home when away from home. No pets.
LICENSE: MHTE 1166K920010